Thursday, May 05, 2005

Committed 9 Whole Weeks

Tomorrow will be 9 entire weeks since I quit smoking. It hasn't been as difficult as I thought- though I am still using commit nicotine replacement lozenges a little more heavily that I am supposed to at this stage. This is the longest I have gone without smoking since I first started smoking in college. Believe me, I have prayed a lot which is the only reason I can think of for my success thus far this time around. I have quit a few times for about 4 months at a time, but even then I would occasionally succumb to the temptation and have a cigarette or cigar. This time has been different! I am feeling hopeful, which for someone as characteristically pessimistic as me, is a wonderful feeling!
According to the commit box, it takes about 12 weeks to wean yourself off nicotine which seems about right. My new question is how can you wean yourself off food? It's a hard habit to break because you can't go cold turkey on food for very long. My husband and I have decided to lose weight so that we can maybe try for another baby in the near future. The sad thing is we know all it takes is exercise and better eating habits, but we have as of yet figured out how to implement such skills into our everyday life. So, for now I am working on just one bad habit at a time.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so very proud of you!!!! Keep it up!

May 5, 2005 at 9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very proud of you too. Just a few more months and I'll give you the cash to prove it :)

May 11, 2005 at 3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"This is the longest I have gone without smoking since I first started smoking in college."

Don't you have a daughter? Did you quit smoking when you were pregnant?

May 13, 2005 at 6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Don't you have a daughter? Did you quit smoking when you were pregnant?"

I'll answer that for her, since her Internet is currently down.

She did actually quit smoking while she was pregnant. Cold turkey and with no Commit. That is the longest she's gone, but she gets forgetful in her old age. :)

May 26, 2005 at 6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home