Thursday, March 31, 2005

Who knew?

Since I read about it in my brother's blog I decided to Netflix Napoleon Dynamite.
I knew it had won something at one of the film festivals and that is where my pre-knowledge of the movie ended. Before it arrived though, a girl in one of my classes(maybe I'll build her a cake or something) asked if I had seen it and said she was gonna make a movie too. Did I want to be in it? I inferred that this movie had a homemade feel to it. We got ND in about a month ago, started it, considered it kinda interesting but painfully slow so we(hubby and I) didn't finish it.
Today, in my quest to put off housework as long as possible, I decided to give the remainder of it a glance. I liked it. I liked it a lot. In my own quest to know a little about a few things, I have never quite figured out what makes a movie good, less about what makes a movie great, but I liked this movie. The plot is really minimal, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it a movie about nothing. It is a movie about....well maybe it is a movie about nothing.......but I liked it anyway!(I also like Seinfield though)

I don't know if there is a ND soundtrack, but I think it's possible that they played all the best music at all the best times. My Daddy says that most every television show that made it had a great theme song. I know that isn't always true-but it does seem more true that not.

ND also had a Christmas Story feel to it-ya know that movie TNT plays all day once a year?
Maybe it will even have a cult following like Rocky Horror Picture Show-the props you could throw around in the theatre would so rock.

Laundry building up? Housework rut? Napoleon Dynamite to the rescue!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home