Sunday, February 13, 2005

Takers eat well....givers sleep well

I read that in a daily bread devotional from like I think October of last year-If you are a Christian, pretending or otherwise-it's a nice devotional book. Reading that made me wonder if that is the reason I'm a fat insomniac. A couple of weeks ago at church the preacher said that there was a saying that went something like "there is nobody more miserable than a half-hearted Christian" and I instantly resented the saying, but more so I resembled it. I would also like to state for the record it is not my goal to shove Christianity down anyone's throats nor is that the purpose of my little blog. I just don't believe Jesus would shove Chritianity in anyone's face either. He loves you and I also believe he respects sincere doubt(my daddy told me that).

but anyway.......my question today is do you choose God, or does God choose you, or does God choose for you to choose him? And are there many takers in heaven? Or is heaven full of givers only? Please let me know if you have an opinion.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

From peas to Scooby Doo to major theological questions...

You're still over 450 hits behind...

February 14, 2005 at 3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It probably comes down to a healthy balance of give and take. Even God takes our praise. He doesn't need our praise, but he rejoices in it. And don't worry, she'll catch up.

February 20, 2005 at 7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home