Thursday, March 31, 2005

Up in smoke

I quit smoking. It has been a month today. This is not one of those half-hearted attempts to quit smoking ventures-this here is the real deal. If the surgeon general decided tomorrow to announce that there was absolutely no link between smoking and disease, or better yet if it was determined that smoking and smoking CONSTANTLY was the best thing you could do for your overall health, I still would give 110 percent effort into not smoking ever again.

I know a couple of people who smoke-off the top of my head I know two who smoke who might eventually read this post even. But ya know what-they don't have the same relationship with smoking that I had. I loved smoking. I would have married a cigarette(if his net worth was high enough). I smoked in the car, in the apartment, on the beach, with green eggs and ham, and pretty much any place. I smoked while I watched tv, while I played on the internet, in between laundry, dishes, and eating. I put smoking before everything. I did manage not to smoke while I was pregnant-but if everyone I had known at the time wouldn't have hated and shunned me if I had smoked while I was pregnant-I might not have had the strength on my own to give it up for 9 months. Smoking is what I did and since I turned 20-smoking was my hobby, my passion, my way of life.

I don't update my page very often, but I have decided to try and do better if for no other reason, but to post more than my brother just for a day, maybe just more posts for an hour than him though. I would be typing all day and all night to catch up and I have toys to organize...more on that later.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, do you know how great it is to not smell smoke on you or m? i know you can do it. keep it up.

April 4, 2005 at 6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home