Thursday, February 24, 2005

25 dollar "contest"

I live in a ridiculously priced apartment complex. They gave us a flyer yesterday that said that if you pay your rent before the first of each month, your name will go in a drawing and if your name is drawn-you get 25 dollars off next month's rent! The rent is already so much, it's difficult to pay with one week's pay(even with a good job) and their incentive is you might win 25.00 dollars. I think they need to re-evaluate their incentives. Most places give you 25 bucks or more off every month's rent if you pay by the first. 800 dollars a month in Mississippi, not New York or California, not even Atlanta, but Mississippi. It's two bedrooms! My brother said I should post everyday, so here is today's post. Read it and weep a little for me.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For what it's worth, I've never gotten any kind of discount for paying my rent early and I've done it in three different apartments over the last five years.

I seem to recall that not ten minutes from where you live there are some apartments right behind the police station that go for $595 a month and had over 1,000 square feet and two bedrooms.

I do agree that $800 a month for an apartment is pretty much throwing a considerable amount of money towards something you'll never own. You should be putting that toward a mortgage on a house. Have you guys checked out the first-time homebuyers loan from HUD? http://www.hud.gov/buying/index.cfm

February 28, 2005 at 8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually it was $500 a month, not $595. :)

March 1, 2005 at 3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was $500 a month, not $595. :)

March 1, 2005 at 4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should move there, or any apartment complex in Clinton that is cheaper.

March 3, 2005 at 9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thought-provoking, mootable pv. just my thoughts, well anyways gl & be chipper is what i say

December 14, 2005 at 2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home