Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Summer Vacation 2007-the conclusion

After a doctor's appointment in Mississippi, we brought my mama back with us for a visit. She cooked some yummy food, helped a ton with laundry, and helped me feel better while I was recovering from a bad reaction to some anti-anxiety med that I only took twice, but threw me for a loop anyway. We went back down for a follow-up appointment and bought my daddy back with us for a literal 60 hour visit. We went to the Splash Pad Park and went bowling. We had a fun, but way too short visit.
Saturday the 21rst, we loaded up the trucks(van and sentra) and moved to Beverly-well we actually took the Natchez Trace to Jackson, but Beverly Hills sounds more dramatic. It was fun but it took forever. We stopped in Tupelo and convinced Imogen she didn't need a $17.99 black stuffed puppy replica of Lewis and Clark's dog, and ate lunch. We split at Jeff Busby so Mark could head out to his friend's place in Carthage. I drove the van with my parents and youngins in the back and we stopped at Cypress Swamp on the way. I thought Imogen was gonna have a nervous breakdown. She said "why did you ever bring me here?" and "I am never gonna come back here." If you have never been to Cypress Swamp-it can be kinda creepy and I have seen alligators there on more than one occasion and it was getting kinda low light time of day and she has watched a lot of scooby doo including the one about zombies set in New Orleans.

When we finally got to Jackson proper, we stayed with my sister half the week and at a hotel in Clinton the remaining portion of the week. Our main purpose for the visit was so Imogen could go to Mrs. Robin's Kindermusik Camp. I knew we would want to visit for a full week so I just chose the week the camp was going on. She had a great time and we had a nice visit. She woke up that Monday morning with her first loose tooth and couldn't wait to tell everybody, but ironically we were just us for the first time in about two weeks, so we called everybody from my sister's house and told them the exciting news. When I picked her up a camp that day, she was playing with that loose tooth-it hasn't come out just yet-but it was enduring how preoccupied she was.

Somewhat begrudgingly, we came home on the 30th. We met Imogen's kindergarten teacher at the park-she has a 4-year old son herself and she mentioned something about a drive-in theatre. I told Mark and he was also intrigued so we investigated further. Neither of us had ever been to one before.
We went this past weekend to Stardust in Watertown. We saw Underdog and Ratatouie. Apparently all the movies are double features.

We went and bought the squirts new shoes last night, and Imogen said "Sketchers!" as soon as she saw the display and wouldn't even try on a brand that wasn't "Sketchers". More proof she watches too much television as if I needed more proof. Clark got a cute pair of New Balances for his chubby wittle feet.

We go Thursday to meet Imogen's first grade teacher. She also has her very first dentist appointment that day. Her first full day of school is Monday. First Grade Baby!
So see ya Summer! Hope next year's summer brings a video camera, a trip to Destin, weight loss and better finances.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

keep the walking up. i am proud of you.

August 7, 2007 at 6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I’m glad that the kids got new shoes. I bet the little New Balances are cute. Love, Stacey

August 9, 2007 at 7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home