Sunday, August 05, 2007

What I did during my summer vacation-part one

My sister would discern that I have never had a real job because I still call it summer vacation.

It's easier now that I have a school-aged daughter to refer to it in such a juvenile way... maybe.

I didn't feel the need to provide constant entertainment this summer like some parents, but we did some fun things. We started out the summer by officially missing the last day of school(it was only a two hour day) in order to travel over Memorial Day weekend. We visited with Great Grandma in Fort Valley. Grandma and Grandpa came down too. We played Balderdash in the hotel room one night. I actually found the game in a Toysrus in Warner-Robbins. One of my answers was like" in 1956 in San Francisco it was illegal to train... a pig to be a duck" or something. I forgot who won the game, but it was a lot of fun spending time with my parents. We went to Lane's and spent way too much money. Peaches were mostly wiped out due to the drought this past summer, so they were not all that awesome.

We traveled from there to go and check on Mark's mama in NC and we got to spend some time with cousins we rarely see. We will probably go back for Thanksgiving. We came back through Gatlinburg and got out and walked around a bit. Talk about your tourists traps, but the mountain views are pretty. We drove through Pigeon Forge which kinda felt like a redneck Destin without the ocean, but there was a cool upside down building called Wonderworks or something(would be a great place for a link if I knew how to do that). We didn't go in. We just made it back in time for squirt's last t-ball game of the season. We literally drove straight to the field before we even had a chance to come by the house. They had a party with cake and ice cream and pizza and trophies. Her first real trophy! She had only gotten medals before. Mark got a trophy too for being an assistant coach. They were the ladybugs, and they didn't win many games, but all the games were worth watching. Squirt junior really got his feet under him during the end of the season, and I spent a great deal of time chasing him all over the place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home