Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Kindergarten

Imogen starts kindergarten this week. My baby girl has grown so much. If we were still in Mississippi she was to attend a half day Christian school kindergarten program. Here in TN she will attend school full time instead at a public school. I like the school and district a lot-if not-we would have searched harder for a private school here. She can't wait. I am excited for her, but I am sad for me. My big girl takes her first real step towards independence (besides potty training) and her need for me will diminish one grade at a time. Okay maybe I am a little excited for her and a lot sad for me. I will miss her so much while she is at school. I will miss not knowing every little detail of her day as I have for most of the past 5 years. Maybe she will be struggling over a new task or laughing at a joke. Maybe she will get glue everywhere or get a hug from her teacher. I won't know. I can only ask her how her day went and what did she learn. I can't get a hourly play by play. What I can do is let go a little each time and hope and pray that she has a good day.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me know how her first day went.

August 18, 2006 at 10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, by the way, that was me, Stacey.

August 18, 2006 at 10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWWWWW- I miss Imogen. She's such a big girl now!!! How was school?

-Judy

August 18, 2006 at 4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home